Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Welcome

Hi there, welcome to this programming blog. Allow me a few short paragraphs to explain why it's here, and what it will be about.

I've set this blog up to share some of the experiments and discoveries I've made during a Research Internship I'm currently undertaking at Swinburne University in Melbourne, Australia. I've just completed a BSc (Professional Software Development) there, and was offered an opportunity to stay a little longer to do this short project.

The project involves working with a programming language/framework called GLoo (hence the name of the blog). GLoo is the brainchild of two of my lecturers: Markus Lumpe and Jean-Guy Schneider. I'll explain some of its background (and its quirks) as we go, as my understanding of it and its usefulness increases.

As I'll explain in the next post, GLoo is an experimental language, so you're unlikely to see the next killer app written in it. In order to keep up, some knowledge of functional programming will be very helpful.

I hope you'll stick with me for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment